Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Thomas M.):

Is anyone who hasn't been paying the fees lately thinking of changing in light of this? Not sure what to advise my Mom to do now. She doesn't use it and just wants out.

williamm465 wrote:
N EWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called TMC to pay my rapidly increasing maintenance fee and taxes. While I had the Financial Services rep on the phone, I asked why TMC is not foreclosing on those who are not paying their maintenance fees. She told me that the AG would not permit them to do so. However, she also said that ban has recently been lifted and they are beginning foreclosure proceedings. She also said the non payers will now be reported to the credit reporting agencies.

I have a split week--7 days every two years. I pay my maintenance every two years and taxes every year. My maintenance and taxes in 2017 was $2772. My maintenance and taxes for 2019 is $3023. That is an increase of 9% over two years. I agree, that is a lot. I wonder how much lower that would be if everyone paid up.

Those of you who are involved with Zimmerman should ask him about not paying. If I remember correctly, many pages ago he posted that non payment is not a good idea.