Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by William M.):

Hi Debra-- I don't know for sure the answers to your questions but I'm going to try to use some logic. If Eichner was skimming, and I'm pretty sure he was., I think it s reasonable to assume he is no longer doing that. Perhaps the hefty increases in the past were do to some crooked dealing. The current increases I calculate to be about 4.5% per year have to be impacted by the non payers. Union contracts and maintenance costs are expensive in New York City.

I would rather see the rooms occupied rather than sit empty. I assume the money is not going into someone's pocket, but into TMC's account. I really don't know, but I would think the AG would have stopped that practice.

Here is a thought I have never mentioned before. I have seven days over a two year period. I can use them one day at a time, two days at a time, or three days at a time. In odd years I can use all four of my days at once, or split them up. If someone tries to use a complete week, and tries to book with little notice, there is a good chance a complete week will not be available. All of the 1,2, and 3 day stays may leave no full weeks available. I use 2-two day stays in odd years, and 1-three day stays in even years. When I use my full complement of days, I can book 12 months out. When I use part of my days, I can book eight months out. I am fortunate that I can book far in advance. I know many people can't book that far in advance. When my kids use my time, they don't have the flexibility I have. So they book far in advance, and if they run into a scheduling problem, I use the days.

It is a shame some people are being hurt. The great unknown is Bluegreen. I think it would be worth while to see how they impact the situation.

debral251 wrote:
I have a question for you, William. What do you think the reason was for the fees rising so much and so fast BEFORE many owners stopped paying? I'm asking sincerely...because I really want to know. Maybe I'm missing something. You keep blaming it on the non-paying owners but what was the reason for it THEN? (I'm sure the 6.5 million a year Eichner was skimming.. at the very least ..contributed to it) As I said in my previous post, I ..like many other owners ...stopped paying BECAUSE the fees were doubling, tripling, quadrupling ... and all the while paying, not being able to use our time there as owners.. and then seeing our rooms, our time being available to the general public. Your thoughts, please...