Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Becky F):

To answer your question, I believe those who have stopped paying their maintenance fees are more likely to get the offer to “give back” (which is really what this amounts to) than those who continue to pay. I haven’t paid my MF for 3 years and I just received the paperwork from TMC to deed back my penthouse unit. If you’re still feeding the coffers of the TMC why would they want your unit back? They recognize that the MF are TOTALLY RIDICULOUS AND OVERPRICED FOR ANY TIMESHARE OUT THERE IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY, so they won’t have a lot of luck getting another sucker like you to pay those fees if they are successful in re-selling it. Stop paying and save your money. For what you’re paying in MF you can stay at a very nice upscale hotel for a week knowing you don’t have to go back year after year just to get your “money’s worth”. I’ve found that I no longer want to go to New York every single year but it DOESN’T COST ME EVERY YEAR REGARDLESS IF I GO OR NOT.

jamesd788 wrote:
Iv''e been on the list for close to two years. But my question really is, are those that are successful in deeding back those who have stopped paying annual maintenance. We have been paying ours and have heard nothing. Maybe the next time somebody responds on this blog that they have been called and got the paperwork, they could indicate whether or not they had discontinued paying annual fees, and the number of years no payment has been made.