Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by William M.):

I completely agree with Dennis R. TMC's sales practices were horrible and probably illegal. Many timeshares follow the same horrible practices. As far as the Maintenance Fees are concerned, I don't doubt that some of the cash went into the wrong pockets.

Where does that leave us? TMC is functioning. I love going there. I will arrive on 9/24. (Chris V, I owe you a drink.) Sadly I am only staying two nights. Not paying the fees you agreed to pay may seem like a good idea to you. If you truly can't afford them I guess you have no choice. This is sad, but it happens with car payments, mortgage payments, etc. It is a fact that if many people follow the path of non payment, all maintenance fees will increase. I would be shocked if the owner, old or new, will write off the non payment as bad debt. If they do, the existing paying owners may have cause for legal action. I would not be involved. It's just a thought.

For those of you who are taking the $100 buy back, and that is what you want, that's good. If your unpaid maintenance fees are forgiven, that's good for you but unfair to the rest of us.

TMC is in a wonderful location and for the most part is well run. With some tweaking and honest ownership, it has to thrive. It will never be inexpensive because of Manhattan real estate values and Manhattan union contacts.