Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Laura H.):

Everyone zeros in on the maintenance fees. While they are high, I see other problems. Is it really legal for a developer not to turn over the management to a board compiled of owners? Doesn't the law in New York address this? That was number 1 of my complaints. Others include the fact that TMC shouldn't be denying owners to exchange with whatever exchange company they want. They exclude an owner from Interval World because they have a contract with RCI. This is wrong and could it be "steering"? Is it not interfering with an ownership right? TMC owners should be excluded from paying any other fees to another property. This is being done. Therefore, outsiders who exchange into TMC should be charged for cleaning, wifi and the business center. What is going on is not equitable. Mangement should be offering more to their owners, such as cruises, tours, etc. Owners should always come first but instead, they are ignored. They have a long way to go to compete with the big boys.

As far as RCI goes, since they have a point conversion, they should change their exchange fee. To pay $239 for every exchange (and they are multiple) it is highway robbery. You get to the point where it doesn't make sense to make that paltry exchange. I have 40 points left over this year. I am actually better off forgetting about it if I have to pay $239 for an inferior property.