Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Dks):

williamm465 wrote:
I understand that all states may have different laws/regulations regarding timeshares in estates. Which state's laws/regulations are relevant, the state I live in or New York?

Again, I am not a lawyer, but I lived in MA, my Mother lived in VA, and the timeshares were in NY. When I inherited these timeshares from my Mother, I had to deal with VA and NY. I was required to file an ancillary probate in NY, (whether one has to file one depends on the value of the estate) which required hiring and paying a lawyer, and paying NY estate taxes based on the value of the timeshare. (I had to pay several thousand $$'s to have them assessed when they were, in reality, worthless). That is why I would like to will NY the timeshare. I have been through years of learning and information gathering on this situation and have concluded no one really knows what to do about timeshares, except not to buy one.