Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Chris V.):

hi deb,

i empathize/sympathize with any and all who are in such financial (and health) distress which has been totally exacerbated by their dealings with TMC/BLUEGREEN. i wish something of helpful substance could be offered to them. those TMC/BLUEGREEN bastards who created so much financial stress/distress must be punished by the legal form of retribution. i am currently pulling at straws. there are so many theories/choices of what we, as defrauded owners, should/shouldn't do. we need some direct and definitive answers regarding the most favorable path (s) to take to preserve our initial investments and to be reimbursed for the over-payment in light of the exponentially and highly exorbitant maintenance fees over the years. (i've owned since the early 2000s.) to me, the nonsensical buy-back "offer" FOR MANY OF US WHO ARE NOT FINANCIALLY DEVASTATED shouldn't be considered. if i used the word "succumbed"(which i don't recall doing) in the context that you describe, it wasn't my intention to disparage anyone who, for their own reasons. decided to take the buy-back. my stance is that, where possible, so many of us who remain relatively financially stable should not give in to the shabby buy-back offer. that only makes TMC/BLUEGREEN, a thieving organization, a fortune from TMC owners' give-backs, by reselling this valuable nyc property at exponentially high prices. my bottom line: i don't want ANY owners to continue to be totally defrauded by this unconscionable organization. for those of us who can hold out financially by not giving back, at this time, my opinion is that they should consider doing so unless and until a better offer becomes available. other owners need to do what is BEST FOR THEM financially and otherwise. i hope this systemically clears up any misunderstandings of the essence of what i have written in the past and what i have stated here.

deborahs528 wrote:
Some people have "succumbed" to the buyback as you put it because they had no choice financially. I inherited 2 timeshares, it's like having an incurable disease (and I actually have one of those). I did what I had to do, as have others. I wish some of you on this forum could refrain from criticizing and putting down people who "succumbed" as you put it and realize we all do what we have to do. You are lucky if you have the money to keep paying the fees. I don't have that money to sustain two units. I gave one back and have kept one and I pay my fees. To each his own. If I could afford to pay the fees and join the Zimmerman crowd I would, but I don't.

garyp151 wrote:
Blue Green is buying back for $100 is simple. They are increasing their inventory for basically the cost of the closing costs and then can rent out that same unit over and over again to visiting tourists. It’s a shame that owners have succumbed to their deceitful places however I understand that some owners want to rid their hands of years of non paid maintenance fees. The thought of leaving this debt to their families can become very emotional and troublesome. Hopefully John Zimmerman will find an answer other I will be on line to get rid of this awful investment for $100!!! Never should have bought into this timeshare. The old saying is try and learn by your mistakes!