Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Sailfish yacht club timeshare resort (by Susan B.):

I have not heard anyone complain about cleanliness. Rust, yes; dirt, no.

I'm going to paste in a review here by someone else in another forum:

"We came to fish and left disappointed, but this was not the fault of the resort, but rather the very cold weather. On the contrary the reception at the resort could not have been warmer. My car broke down 3 miles from the resort on our way there making it necessary to have my car towed to a dealer for repair. The new managers came and picked up those with me and most of our stuff and took them to their rooms. After the tow truck had left with my car, they returned and picked me up, with the rest of our stuff. Being the weekend my car could not be serviced until Monday, at which time they drove me 11 miles to pick up my car, and all this at no charge. Service doesn't get any better than that. The 2BR unit itself seemed small, but adequate. The kitchenette is tiny, but has everything you need. The unit was clean, but definately shows its age. It was in need of new furniture and carpets. The managers indicated that they were going to start upgrading units shortly as resorces permitted. The Monday morning welcome hour is one thing new guests should try to make. All the guest/owners get together for coffee and friendly conversation. Many own multible weeks and so are very familiar with the area. They can point you to the best places to eat and all the attractions. If you are looking for a resort with plenty of space and all the newest furnishings, this is not the place for you, but if you want a place thats reasonable, comfortable, convenient and that makes you feel welcome, this is the place. I'll be back." End Quote.

I never found the beds uncomfortable (there are twin beds in the second bedroom), or dishes dirty. However, with all the truly luxurious timeshares out there, I'm not terribly surprised that some people are disappointed. But if you read the comments carefully, some people are upset that the bathroom opens onto the end of the living room, that there's only one bathroom, etc. My advice: Try it. Just don't expect Disney, and you'll love it.