Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies (by Mike S.):

Just got back from PV and Vida's Grand Luxx. Beautiful resort. Ended up really enjoying our 5 days there. Stunning properties and rooms. Kept telling my wife, "spared no expense." Loved the Santuario. BUT, we also fell for the sales presentation. I'm in advertising and run a business, and am a pretty seasoned biz guy and negotiator. But after 4 hours, my mind was addled. Pricing started at $200k plus $1500 maintenance per week and you had to pay for 4. But then ONLY if you actually stayed there. And then they would buy my Hyatt timeshare for 2X what I paid and apply that. Then (after saying no, no, no), "Hey, we happen to have a foreclosure!" Wow, price cut in half. Then they proposed buying my Hyatt timeshare (for $60k), giving me the cash, then giving me my timeshare back for $1 because they wanted to take a tax loss. At this point I'm just wearing this big ole grin because I've never seen so many sales gyrations in my life. And well, that's just a huge red flag that everything they're saying is crapola. At five hours our refrain: "We just want to leave." Yes, we went thru four rounds of checking out. "We just want to leave." I seriously thought we were going to be physically assaulted at the end by bouncers or worse. Hey, I'm 46 and still in the Marine Reserve. Just sayin. Vida is seriously aggressive, shape shifters, and I highly recommend avoiding them. Also, as an ad guy, they are in the process of overbuilding at their complex in PV while the demographics suggest a drop in buyers sometime soon, so someone is going to get stuck without a chair when the hoopla music ends and prices crash. When we were there, it was maybe 20% full. We'd go back to the resort. Service was phenomenal. Food was phenomenal. Delivers on the experience. Know that food/bev prices are higher than in the states. We went out to town to avoid $150+ USD dinners. And Vida should seriously be ashamed of their behavior and lack of ethics. But then again, a sucker is born everyday, si?