Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies (by Conrado D.):

At the risk of sounding like a VIDA Vacations ringer, I feel compelled to write something positive about this company and the MAYAN Resorts. Arriving in Mexico, you will always have to go thru a gauntlet of people offering free breakfast, free car rental. free rides, etc. These are the operators that bring people to not only Mayan Resorts but to all others. They may or not LIE to you. Once you attend any timeshare presentation, you will be pressured no matter which company is, and this is very true, the Mayan people are relentless, almost like pit bulls; do not sit in front of them if you are not strong enough to say NO . That said, these is my personal experience. I do not own a time share, I own the rights to use, rent, exchange, or neglect to use, several weeks at the Mayan Group. I have used my privileges to use and visit, Cancun, Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. In all those locations, on arrival, I have been approached to be updated about the company new opportunities, however, a firm declined answer, and they have not bother me any more. Their facilities and locations are par with the best available in the industry. Their service is equally good, and the Contract you sign explicitly alert you to buy only for personal use and not for rental, resale or investment purpose. They do not rent or resale your weeks however, they did offered a list of "so called" reputable Rental Agencies. However I never trusted they will provide any rental leads, they get their money and you never hear from them again. I have rented to friends and others, with no problems at all, however not as often as I wish. I have never received any promises from VIDA that they did not honor, including an offer of 2 rental weeks for the cost of one; I was reimbursed $300,00 after attending the first presentation ( I did sign_on thou). In conclusion, If you like Mexico, If you are willing to read carefully their Contract conditions, if you plan to take advantage of your weeks at their resorts, then go for it. If you think you will make money renting, if you think you will be able to "easily" exchange with other resorts, or if you think of speculating for profit, run away from this and others. I have owned condos and also timeshares. Mayan resorts have provided me with the best deal so far.