Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Vida Vacations...Rental/Resale Brokers and US Travel Visas (by Nadine T.):

Vida Vacations is playing dirty, dirty tricks to screw people out of their hard earned money. It's such a well orchestrated scam it's no wonder they have such a notorious reputation. They scammed me out of $8,500!

I already owned a timeshare at The Marriott in FL and told them I couldn't use two. They offered me $19,800 credit to take the Marriott off my hands, I kept telling the no. Then a manager comes over and offers to give back the Marriott and still apply the $19,800 credit. I should have smelled a rat right there. The manager goes on to say that I could sell the Marriott and then the Vida weeks would "be a wash" (his words). I told him I had already tried to sell it and the resale market was terrible.

He said the brokers they use for rental and resale could easily sell it because they sell them to Mexican families trying to get US travel visas. With deeded US property they would be assured to be approved for a travel visa. I still wouldn't buy. That's when the manager put me on the phone with one of the brokers on the list.

The broker guaranteed to sell the Marriott in no more then 90 days repeating the story about the travel visas, in fact he said he had people waiting for central FL properties because it is close to Disney.

The story made a lot of sense and I bought....turns out it was non-sense! I just never thought that this huge company who touts their partnerships with Cirque du Soleil, Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman would need to sell like that or be allowed to sell like that. Based on reading the reviews (which I should have done beforehand), its condoned by ownership....it has to be, its been going on for years.

I will be contacting the US Embassy in Mexico and Washington to inform them of this scheme. As well as sending my experience to the three "partners" mention.

I have never used any weeks and the broker still hasn't sold my Marriott or rented the weeks they also promised to rent. The broker recently called to upsell into a premium plan...this after they did absolutely nothing they promised. Thanks for the recommendation Vida!

I want a REFUND!!!

Nadine