Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO (by Dan B.):

jayjay wrote:
paulah172 wrote:
Its one thing when they sell you something with "their word" and what was promised during the transaction, and another what is stated in the contract . Idk do you have hours to sit and read every word on a contract before you realize some things are not extactly what was stated to you ?

Unfortunately, what is said in a timeshare presentation by a timeshare salesperson holds no water in a court of law (old saying = "if a timeshare salesperson moves his/her lips he's/she's lying") .... it's only what's in the written contract that counts. So yes, if you were promised certain things in the verbal presentation then you need to read the written contract before signing on the dotted line to make sure those promises are in that contract.

I have bought and sold at least six different brands of timeshares including DRI. In all but one case, I was able to take the contract paper work out of the sales presentation and over night make a decision on the purchase. The Marriott was the only timeshare presentation that would not allow me to take the contract out of the room. I just chose not to purchase.

It is unfair to make the statement that if a salesman is moving his/her lips they are lying. I have never been promised something by a timeshare salesman that was not in the contract. I don't think I am just lucky. I believe the lying salesman is the exception and not the rule.

Just in case you may think so, I am not a salesman but an engineer who makes good use of his timeshares. They are very poor buys if you don't use them. They beat the hell out of staying in a hotel when you have a family.

Dan Bowman