Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO (by Charles S.):

robertd992 wrote:
I too am a very frustrated member/owner with Diamond Resorts International. I originally bought a week through Embassy Suites (unit 7-207)at the Point in Kauai. I was then encouraged by Diamond to change my 1 week floating ownership to points. I thought this was a good idea as they said I could use the points for days instead of a week. At that time I increase my points to 15,000.

In july 2012 I was invited to Sedona for a short vacation and a presentation. They convinced me to change the Hawaiian ownership to the US collection. Now I find tht this does not include not only Hawaii but also the California collection. I feel they hoodwinked me and did me a major dis-service. I feel that I was cheated and lied to. How do I join the law suit? We should have a class action forcing them to buy the shares back from us.

Robert Degraca

Hello Robert,

I am confused as to why you switched to the US Collection. Was it the lower maintenance fees that it has compared to the Hawaii Collection? Or was it to have first access to the US Collection resorts? If Hawaii was still your prime location that you were interested in I am not sure why you changed. You can still go to Hawaii resorts with your US Collection points, you just don't have the 13 month home collection reservation advantage anymmore. For the record, The Point is pretty easy to get into. I go there and never have a problem making reservations at 10 months out. In fact, I will be there next summer in July and there is plenty of inventory. The California Collection has very few resorts. However, you should be able to get into the San Luis Bay Inn fairly easily as well as the Riviera Oak resort in Ramona. The resorts in Capistrano Beach may be a little more challenging only because there was a group of members that already came with those resorts. The others like Seapointe in Carlsbad and Coronado Beach Resort in San Diego have very limited availabiltity as they are affiliates. You can find availabilty but you need to look every day. I would nt spend any ony converting back.