Renters beware!

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Renters beware! (by Carol S.):

Robin, sorry to hear of your bait and switch incident. Renting Oceanfront or Oceanside units can be particularly tricky here on Redweek because "Oceanside" is not an option for view. Some owners call it Oceanfront and then in the text area of the ad mention that it is actually an Oceanside. Other owners list it as Oceanview and then in the text area of the ad mention that it is actually an Oceanside. And then of course, there are the owners like you encountered that fraudulently called their unit Oceanfront everywhere when in fact it was not.

I am an owner who frequently rents out our gardenview and upgrades to oceanside or oceanfront by renting from others here on Redweek. When someone contacts me to rent my gardenview I will usually speak with them, agree on the rental price and forward them a copy of my email confirmation from Marriott. This email will clearly say whether the unit is Gardenview, Oceanview (both back buildings) OCEANSIDE (Conch or Scallop building front buildings) or OCEANFRONT (Starfish, Conch or Scallop.) Always request this from the renter before making any payment. This will confirm ownership AND unit view. If you like you can also call Marriott also to confirm ownership is current, maintenance fees are not in arrears etc.