Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone purchased from Vallart Gardens? (by Paula H.):

Response I made to srain posting on Redweek.com I read your posting with interest…..especially where you mentioned Orlando bringing his wife to your celebration dinner along with pictures of his Mom and Kids. During my interaction with him, he was planning (the very next weekend actually…) a renewal of his wedding vows after twelve years on the beach to be followed with a sit-down dinner with family and invited friends. Now, I wonder if any of his glowing references to the upcoming event were true. Actually, this approach is clever....it truly draws those who are vested in the 'goodness of people' into his conspiratorial sales approach. I count my investment in this enterprise as lost and to me as a new retiree, it is substantial and very painful. Since I heard statements to the effect that Dan Sauer; Orlando Ramirez; Joe Potter; and others had just come together as a team working under a new buyer of what was a bankrupt Vallarta Gardens, this new tam cannot possibly be in business too long with the swindles they are committing. The money I paid for the Swiss Alliance annunity they purported would cover the cost of the property in 25 years is surely lost; the offer to buy back the property in two years (that was made to me) will never be honored; .....how can these enterprises commit such fraud and not be held accountable. Several of these players came from Mayan Palace – (downtown Puerto Vallarta harbor area) employment to work for the new owner. While I understand if it is not written in the contract, it is not binding, ............at least I now know from reading previous postings made by other scammed buyers ...................that I did hear VG is a partner with ReMax.....(wonder if ReMax would acknowledge such a relationship); I was also told that a timeshare I already owned with another timeshare vendor would be 'traded-in' on my Vallarta Gardens purchase (Orlando supposedly even looked up my timeshare and quoted me the dollar figure that would be honored in the deal); and Orlando went into great detail in outlining how my 'fractional ownership' could be rented out at a price each year that would in essence pay for the cost of ownership. Someone needs to go in with a hidden microphone and validate the sales approach being used by this sales team so that this whole outfit could be prosecuted. I have recently been contacted by Vann Com Strategies from Houston, Texas telling me that for a one-time upfront fee of $1,200, they would rent my Vallarta Gardens purchase for ten years. Apparently, Vallarta Gardens is no longer using World Residence club nor Omnicorp for marketing as they were up until October 2012. Everything about this new Vallarta Gardens sales team seems to be phony, contrived, and a moving target. Due to their association with VG, I would imagine Van Comm Strategies is also a scam. My question……why haven't the laws caught up to protect innocent buyers against such unscrupulous business entities? I got so caught up in the 'beauty' of Vallarta Gardens and the seemingly goodness that Orlando Ramirez portrayed, that it never occurred to me to do an internet search to see if they were a bunch of crooks. It would seem impossible that there are no avenues of recourse for unsuspecting vacationers caught up by the natural beauty of a development ……. never thinking of ‘scam artists’ to be so emotionally and financially abused. I know there was a five day window of rescission…..but the importance of this legal avenue doesn’t impact unsuspecting individuals who are truly being duped by such industry professional. They have rights…..their customers don’t. No, I didn't do business with Joe Potter, but I did with his brother....... names seem to be irrelevant. It seems the only ones benefiting from this organization and making dollars are the upfront people who successfully scam unsuspecting tourists just visiting Mexico for badly needed rest and relaxation. Since this organization is making so many false claims, how can they continue to get away with it and why do customers have no recourse?