Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Right of First Refusal (by Den):

With respect to Marriott exercising the ROFR, it is important to note that there are significant differences in Marriott Resorts. Not to pop the bubble, but the seasonal aspect coupled with the location and facility creates immense differences. For example, why would they exercise the ROFR to buy a summer week in Palm Desert at any price?

We also know that Marriott Vacations wants the cost of sales to be 33% or less of their intended sales price (from their earnings release conference call). I expect they would want only the better properties at very low prices, much lower than the 33% benchmark.

We bought two Platinum weeks at Newport Coast, $8,000 each. These weeks, coupled with our other weeks, enhanced our reservation capability plus we "use" them. Were I to buy again, I would look seriously at buying a week at Grand Chateau in Las Vegas on the cheap ($2 to $3,000 or less). They are all Platinum weeks, have lock-off privileges, and trade easily thru Interval. You'd be surprised what you can do with these in trade. Think what you could do with $25,000 in the aftermarket.