Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Anyone know anything about Finn Law Group? (by Tracey S.):

The Finn Law group has actually won a few big timeshare cases against Westgate, and a few others. Most of their work is done negotiating with companies. I would imagine they are a little more successful than the do it yourself-ers who advocate on their own behalves. But that help comes at price. If you are desperate and can't afford the timeshare, you probably can't afford the help either. You should negotiate the heck out of yourself and take the credit hit if it comes to that.

In terms of using a local lawyer, I don't see how that is a good idea. I have a local lawyer that helped us with estate planning. I know I know more about my contracts and timeshare ins and outs than he does. It would take him hours and hours to get up to speed with real estate and timeshare laws. In terms of ambulance chasing lawyers, if I had an injury case and needed representation, doing it myself probably wouldn't be the best advice. Getting a local lawyer with zero experience with this type of case ( which is going to be pretty much everyone else) or going with a firm that specializes and pretty much only works or these types of cases. At the very least they are real lawyers and not some advocacy group so they are registered to practice law in Florida (local for many timeshares). If you have a complaint you can register it with the state bar association. At the very least they aren't a PO box pretending to be a real company that will help.