Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Anyone know anything about Finn Law Group? (by Joel B.):

Bkuegreen doesn't.

ken1193 wrote:
briant383 wrote:
Finn Law group will not take your money if you do not need them. Before I gave them any money I was asked to call the resort and see if I could just give them back the timeshare for free. I understand that I spent $40,000 plus $900/year (and going up every single year) on maintenance fees when these timeshares are being given away for FREE online because they are WORTHLESS.

You cannot just "do it yourself for free". If you don't know what you're doing you can be foreclosed on (reports as a true mortgage) and ruin your credit. A law firm cannot victimize a law firm. Michael Finn is a reputable Timeshare attorney and has been an attorney for 49 years.

Great that you had a successful experience with Mike Finn (who I personally like and greatly respect), but the fact is that people often can and do accomplish a "deedback" entirely on their own when there is no unpaid loan balance or unpaid fees involved.

It depends on the individual resort or "chain". Wyndham, Westgate and Diamond now all have their own "deedback" programs in place (although greedy Wastegate charges $900 to accept a deedback). Most independent resorts (those not

associated with any "chain" and with the original developer long gone) still will not accept "deedbacks", except in rare and unusual circumstances. HOA-owned weeks of course do not pay maintenance fees, creating significant strain on the resort finances until a new owner can be found. Many smaller "independents" simply cannot absorb that financial strain and additional burden if they want to keep the place running and well maintained --- and they don't want to have to jack up maintenance fees on the remaining, fee-paying owners by forcing them to "pick up the slack for weeks deeded back".