Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Cancelling within 6 days (by KC):

marlened77 wrote:
In your previous response saying that a refund would be a confirmation that cancellation was processed, what about in my case , I got lucky and didn’t have to pay anything at all(until march 13). ;( would it be in my best interest to not request for something in writing like an acknowledgment that they received my letter? I have the proof of delivery but would something in writing from them help or still just leave as is ?

They are NOT required to provide you with any acknowledgement of receipt, whether you request it or not, plain and simple. If you sent your properly signed and completed rescission letter by certified U.S. Mail to the correct address (as I presume you did), and you already have proof of delivery (as you indicate that you do), you certainly don’t need any further “acknowledgement of receipt” anyhow. What would be the point?

It is extremely unusual for any contract to be executed without the buyer providing at least a deposit, but you contend that you haven’t actually paid anything so far. If that is the case, immediately cancel the credit card (If that’s what you provided to the developer). No one can place any charges upon a invalid or inactive credit card. If you instead (unwisely) gave them your bank account information and access, then promptly get that particular bank account closed out and obtain a new and different bank account number (and ensure that your bank cannot and will not process any withdrawals not initiated by you in person). They can only take your money if you give them to access your money -- so JUST DON’T ALLOW THEM TO EVER ACCESS YOUR MONEY!