Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

ACTUAL selling prices; the devil is in the details... (by KC):

brucem385 wrote:
What would be really great is if there was someway of seeing what a listing sold for much like when a house sells or like when something sells on ebay. Redweek should consider adding that feature as it might help people to price their timeshares for sale appropriately instead of just relying on what the list price of similar timeshares are because as we all know lists prices don't tell anyone how much things are really selling for. :) Cheers!

I understand your point (and phyl21's input above as well), but it's virtually impossible to ACCURATELY determine what final terms may have been reached between a seller and a buyer in most resale timeshare transactions, regardless of what the "asking" price may have been in an ad. For starters, unless you're comparing the same week number, in the same sized unit, at the very same resort you are just comparing apples to oranges anyhow.

Personally, I might (and I do) readily tell a site (including RedWeek) that I have succeeded in selling my week(s) as a result of advertising on their particular site, but I frankly would not choose to disclose final selling price or further details. I feel (and this is admittedly just my own personal opinion and viewpoint) that those details are really a private matter between the buyer and the seller. Also, a single number as a "sold price", standing all alone by itself, does not reveal the whole picture anyhow. For example, who paid the closing costs (likely at least several hundred dollars)? Were the next use years' maintenance fees pre-paid by the seller in order to "close the deal"? (that's another $500-$1,200 right there). If the resort imposes a "transfer fee" (and yes, most do so), then who paid it, buyer or seller? (Wyndham charges $299, Hyatt charges $699 --- even small independent places usually charge at least $100 as a transfer fee, separate from all other closing costs). In short, one "sold" figure standing alone by itself as a single number paints a very incomplete picture. Nonetheless, I wish you luck and success.