Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

EL Cid referrals to agents to buyer our timeshare (by Lance C.):

lindap691 wrote:
The end of last year we were scammed out of over $6000 thru International Brokers.... This last week, I was called by a company called Alpha Corp Services. I asked them to send a proposal which I just received for 3 times what we paid for the week..... I believe this is part of the same scam as with International Brokers and Property Management.

Because you were scammed before, you're now on a "sucker list", where other scam artists will continually hound you with offers thinking that you will fall for these subsequent scams hook, line, and sinker.

The fact that this Alpha Corp. contacted you unexpectedly and that they're giving you a too-good-to-be-true offer are dead giveaways for the signs of a scam.

You also say that "[you] believe this is part of the same scam as with International Brokers and Property Management". It probably is. It's likely the same people or principals behind Alpha but using a different name and feigning that they are new and have never had contact with you before.

Since you lost $6000 in such a scam, hopefully you've learned your lesson and realize how to spot such scams in the future. I don't want to sound harsh or condescending but the fact that you're even inquiring about such an outfit when you've been scammed before shows how and why these scam artists are so successful.

Owners are naively believing that their worthless (resale wise) timeshares are worth what they originally paid and that somewhere out there, another sucker is ready to pay even more. All the owner has to do is hire the right resale company who can somehow find these buyers.