Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info (by Gerard S.):

I don't believe that there is an accurate count of how many "owners " actually exist, but it is probably between 14,000 to 18,000 "owners". Maybe the AG has that number. The levels of "ownership" also vary greatly. For instance I was sold a Metropolitan Suite 7day over 3 years "low budget" contract for about $9400 with a maintenance fee of $1500. due every 3 years then rose to $2100. After I declined a normal 7 day per year contract at around $15000. They were desperate not to lose a sale. This was what they came up with after they "wined & dined" me with Broadway tickets,restaurant vouchers, free garage parking & a 2 night stay. This is where I believe that they went wrong. The sales team being goal oriented pushed and sold these "flextime" contracts (biennial,triennial, quadrennial,etc) until there were an unreasonably high amount of " owners" that were stepping over each other to make reservations along with competing with regular hotel guests When everyone complained the staff did their best "smoke & mirrors" routine to fend everyone off resulting in the unhappy situation you read about on these pages. As far as NYC timeshares selling for $100,000. There are no other NYC timeshares to compare this to, maybe one other? Want to vacation in NYC? You're better off making reservations in one of the many available hotels there whenever & where ever enjoy then return home. There is no need for you to "own" your personal hotel room.You don't really "own" it anyway.