Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info (by Dennis C.):

Nathan Z; People represent themselves because lawyers usually charge by the hour, ($100’s/hr) and people who rep themselves are basically placing a $0.00/hr value on their time. These kind of cases can consume thousands of hours plus expenses.

nathanz2 wrote:
Hello Joy,

I recall your post about a month back on the other RedWeek thread which was far more detailed in its description of all the steps which would be necessary to file this suit and move it forward. Has anyone, for a fact, done this successfully, meaning, won a judgement against the MC? Please do not cite Irene. Her last post here was about being offered a settlement by the MC that she said she wouldn't accept. Perhaps she did after all. Maybe you know. In any case, I don't want to become a self taught lawyer. So, here is my question: if you can sue for $25K, why wouldn't an attorney take the case for $10K? Why do you need to represent yourself?

Thank you!