Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Class Action Against Diamond Resorts? (by Justin S.):

Yes, this also recently happened to me on account of a website and using Redweek also. They seized my points.

As for claims that Diamond do not represent their UDI points as real estate, they certainly did in Florida. In fact, that was their big selling point to me. It's real estate and cannot be taken away from me.

Furthermore, DRI also only ever gave me a disc copy of the Rules and Regulations, and I believe that Westgate may have lost their case on account of this.

There is much in Diamond's paperwork that have no legal basis, for the law would overrule it. I am not confident a class action would work, but I am looking to sue Diamond personally. I have some papers that show that the sales rep were calculating figures and was clearly on the basis of rentals. This was 2007 in Scottsdale. I'm not 100% that Diamond had any prohibition on rentals back then, but I'll know more when I pull my contracts out of archives when I am next back in Canada.

In any case, Diamond are worthless liars and thieves. They will get what is coming to them at some point. I just replaced my whole 130,000 points I lost to Diamond by buying back equivalent DEEDS. As Diamond have the habit of seriously ripping off by charging as much as 6 times retail for what one could pay cash for, I also will save myself heaps over the next decade.

As they seized my accounts involuntary, I can also use tax laws on this in my favour. Needless to say, DRI is not registered to do business in my country, have no tax registration in most of the countries that they operate, and I believe that this is where Diamond can be attacked. They may be legal in their own jurisdiction, but in my jurisdiction, they are powerless and illegally conducting business and making superpowers from real property.

In fact, as I take off on a World Tour in the next fortnight, I now am 're-routing some parts of my trip to visit the consumer regulator and tax authorities of many places that Diamond conduct business...but pretend to be invisible and to not do business in jurisdictions that they are not registered to do business in. I am interested to hear how each regulator views Diamond's activities. I will compile a large amount of International Regulators against them, and will share it all here.