Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested? (by Alice M.):

to barneyh4 , if you had a RCI membership ,you should be able to renew your membership with them and still be able to use it.Just because you don't bank your SVC with RCI doesn't mean you can't use their membership .They have lots of inventory for travel anywhere in the world, you just need to know how to use it, and when .We recently sold our property that used RCI as exchange co.and we called them because we still had 1 yr paid with them, and they said we can renew yearly without owning or depositing points or weeks with them.Now you may be somewhat limited as to where you can get in, but there are so many perks with RCI exchange , like extra vacations and last min getaways.They have deals and much more to offer that you can use as long as you are still a member. I forget what the yearly fee is but we usually prepay 3-4 yrs at a cheaper rate.I would then drop Intervol Intr. if you can't use it anyway, you don't have to use that exchange co. You should still be able to get into SVC resorts with your points or weeks you own ,if you want ,and then have more flexibility with RCI for exchange use if you want to choose locations other then I.I has to offer. You need to call RCI and find if your membership expired or not,if your still listed as a member then you are able to use it as I described .If you are not paid member anymore I would negotiate with them, and try to get it back . These things are possible if you are tough with them,demand they renew your membership on grounds of being a long time customer before SVC dropped RCI. I would explain the situation of not liking I.I as your exchange co. and they will probably be happy to get you back as a customer. Ask to speak to someone in charge such as a manager if you have to. We just got back from staying at a SVC resort in Barrie Ont, Carriage HIlls through RCI,and loved it.We saw their NEW plan for owners,and all the changes they are going through,adding Wyndham to their name increases their flexability. I believe Wyndham owns RCI now too,so not sure why SVC doesn't use RCI for exchange. Here is the member services # for RCI 1-800-585-4860 . Good luck with your program, at SVC, it looks like a pretty good program,and we've seen many . Maybe you just need to get in to a SVC T.S presentation to see how your program can work for you.Sometimes talking with someone can help you understand better the new partnership benefits.I understand your travel woes, we've had a few hiccups along the way,but one thing is for sure, we have enjoyed some mighty fine vacations because of ownership. AM