Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested? (by Douglas S.):

I contacted Wyndham on 3/29/2018 about exiting timeshare through the Ovation program. I spoke directly to Monica, who administers the program from the Wyndham Corporate office. After a lengthly conversation with her I concluded she is definitely NOT A SALESPERSON. I mean that in a good way. She was extremely helpful with explaining the program and said they will put all of the paperwork together and send it out. I have two properties (Bonnett Creek and Daytona Oceanwalk) and they both qualified for the program. I did notice that Monica did not immediately bring up the "Limited" portion of the program, but when I mentioned it, she gave me a detail explanation and said that is what I will get. She said the term limited meant I did would not have the Home Resort advantage when using the points, but otherwise I would see no difference when using my point over the next three years. The program requires 3 thing. As mentioned in previous posts, you must own the property (no mortgage); you must stay current on maintenance fees throughout the process, and you cannot have any current reservations associated with the Wyndham system. After I get the paperwork, I have 21 days to complete and return it. After that, they process the return of the deeds at no cost to me. I was told the entire process usually takes less than 3 months. At that time I get a new user ID and can start using my 3 years worth of points. Your "use year" is no longer a Jan-Dec timeframe as it will start after the completion of the deed transfer. I will continue to update through this blog in order to help others understand the program better. If this program works as advertised, they should start using in their sales presentations, because it addresses one of the BIG NEGATIVES about timeshares.