Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested? (by Lance C.):

pakyak wrote:
This is utter crap. Pl. dont buy wyndham timeshares.

I wouldn't say "Please don't buy Wyndham timeshares." There are many happy Wyndham owners. They just knew what to buy and probably bought resale rather than at those stupid sales presentations. And they probably did a lot of research first.

I would say buy resale if you are going to buy and do your research first. Take time to really analyze your travel needs and circumstances. For instance, there are many satisfied owners at Grandview Las Vegas because it has a very good point-to maintenance fee ratio. You have to remember too that many satisfied owners have the ability to plan travel 10-12 months ahead of time which allows them to make very good use of their points.

I understand your frustration in that you probably paid tens of thousands of dollars to buy from Wyndham and then Wyndham comes back appearing gracious by saying "We will take your unit back for free from you if you want." But that does not necessarily mean to avoid buying Wyndham (if it's resale).