Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested? (by Di W.):

I was first introduced to timeshare programs 24 years ago. My good friends Purchased a timeshare in Hawaii and were very happy with it. They paid cash for it so they only have the maintenance fees. I went to Lake Tahoe with them and bought a timeshare. I was told we could use it any week of the year. I tried to make reservations the next day for the winter holidays and was told that was not part of my timeshare. We were able to cancel the contract. A few years later we found out there was a secondary market for timeshares. We were able to get a one bedroom 2 bath for one week any week of the year for free! On the Big Island of Hawaii at the lovely Wyndham Mauna Loa Village. They frequently upgraded us to a two bedroom three bath. No extra charge. We only had to pay maintenance fees. 10 years later, after many enjoyable vacations to Hawaii, I am ready to give it to someone else. No one in my family is interested in it. None of my friends are interested. I contacted one company who told me they might be able to sell it, there will be no fee for me, but the high maintenance fee is devaluing the timeshare. I would not make any money from it. but if I use Wyndham ovation program it would be like an instant sale. I called Wyndham and I’m going through their ovation department and giving it back to them. It was a simple quick phone call with the follow up email from them. Now I’m waiting for paperwork. They did say I would have to sign and notarize it and send it back. It’s a lengthy process but it will be done by the end of the year it was a simple quick phone call with the follow up email from them. Now I’m waiting for paperwork. They did say I would have to sign and notarize it and send it back. It’s a lengthy process but it will be done by the end of the year. We had to have paid our maintenance fees for this year which we had. We already deposited that week into RCI as we were not going to Hawaii this year. We owe nothing on it as it was free. Therefore we were accepted into the program. I am happy with my decision.