Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Better Business Lodging (by Mary Ann N.):

THANKS for your response. My experience with Better Business Lodging sounded so good (after calling me out of the blue) but of course all my red flags were up when they told me the value of my every other deeded week in Sedona was worth 35,900 - 37,000. They claimed, although could of course not guarantee their track record is to sell their inventory in one to two "cycles" which are 90 days. They say they are not "brokers" but "marketers" for the properties and sell off timeshares to corporations who want to own corporate housing for conventions. The biggest red flag was the up front marketing fee of $1,485 good till uni sells and 100% refundable if I sell the unit myself. The agent spent a lot of time asking how we wanted the check made out. . ."both names or one. . ."and" or "or" which was silly to be talking about this hypothetical check before we agreed to contract. Website also is slick but has LOTS of fluff and filler. The "too good to be true" part is the $35,000 valuation for a lock-off every other year in Sedona that would have to be transferred to be useful in Fl or Vegas conventions.