Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone ever sold their timeshare to Despegar.com travel agency? (by Janet L.):

So I got contacted about 3 months ago... The offer was too good to be true.. No money all paid by Despegar... contract looked legit... The I get the MonteCristo won't sell.. They send to Profeco who has an impressive website looking out for fraud then I get the news that I have to pay the Lawyer to the Mexican Secretary of Tourism 10% of the selling price in order to get a certificate of release... of course they will reimburse me.... I also was working with Realty Direct REO then they changed their name to MB realty, Inc. out of Minneapolis... of course they feel terrible... but even sent me copies of cashier checks from Scotiabank made out to me... so show me everything is above board... then I looked at the wire instructions... nothing to do with the government... Be very careful it all sounds good but once they asked for money up front I knew the scam was on.... Unbelievable... i wish there was something I could do to shut these people down.... Agree with Nancy.... Sigh... But good news I am going to Cabo in March again...