Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

ask-redweek-wyndham-ovation-help-owners-get-out (by Monika S.):

We have been thinking of getting rid of our Wyndham points for a number of years. Though the resorts are very nice, we were having problems booking the desirable spots at the time we want. We even went to some outside resellers meetings to find out how to get out of it, but were not sure whether to trust these companies since they wanted some money upfront.

When we learnt about the Ovation by Wyndham we were very pleased. We decided to look into it and thought about taking the option for using the points for three years without owning the timeshare and, thus, not paying the maintenance fees.

I called them for the paper works on September 13, but have not received anything from them yet (Oct 27). I was supposed to get it within 4 weeks. Overtime I have called Ovation 6-7 times to follow up. Until today, the person on the other end told me that someone would call me. Today I was told that there is only one person (Kevin White) who is handling all the cases and he needs to talk to each applicant before sending the papers. He will call me when he has the time. There is nothing anyone else can do.

It has been a very frustration experience. I hope Wyndham gets a better handle on this soon. And, the next step of transfer (as it has been described) moves smoothly. Otherwise, it is a losing proposition - one can not use the vacation points while paying the maintenance fees and waiting for the transfer. MonikaS