Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

ask-redweek-get-rid-of-my-timeshare (by Dinah A.):

I own 3 Deeds with Bluegreen. I am a bronze member. I want to get out but the 2 lawyers I have contacted are expensive. I know everyone complains that their timeshare company has lied to them or misled them. They are common complaints. I do love Timeshare but since I have become an owner I have learned how to purchase resort stays economically. To get to the point. I went to an owner update. We refused to buy so the manager offered us 20,000 points at 99 cents a point, normally $3.15 a point. We were encouraged to buy more points to put us in a higher bracket so that we could rent out points and have more privileges. We were urged to do so while we could buy points at 99 cents. However, after we got home we found out the manager charged us 99 cents for 10,000 points and full price for the other 10,000 points. Bluegreen refused to make it right. On another occasion, we went to Ormond Beach/Daytona. We are premier owners and received a deplorable room. The furniture was all beaten up. All of the handles fell off of the stove. The beds were terribly stained and very uncomfortable. There was pizza all over the floor. There were mounds of grime under the cabinets on the floor..my granddaughter stepped on an earring and punctured her foot. The countertops and cabinets were made of cheap Formica and we're all beaten up and cracked. There was poop on the bathroom counter doors. The lights constantly flashed on and off. I told management the light sockets were hanging off the wall and I had 2 children with me. They never fixed them. The air conditioning did not cool the room. The room was so unsanitary and inappropriate for a Timeshare Premier owner. We have photos and a video. Sure we were given our points back but why would you be placed in a room like that and not moved to another room. So I appreciated your commentary and if you have any input I would appreciate it. We have had some good experiences with Bluegreen and they are making improvements but we sure are paying a bundle along with all types of fees and rising maintenance fees. If I could learn to make the system work for me by renting, I would keep it but I do not have enough points. I am stuck. I can't let it go because we have plans to remodel our home. So we can't have our credit messed up.