Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

ask-redweek-get-rid-of-my-timeshare (by Jeanne E.):

I wrote to the company with no success to the Manager of the Timeshare in St. Maarten. I phoned and I finally received a reply. I had surgery that resulted in blood clots and long recovery, and final disability and retirement from work. I told this to the Timeshare Managing Unit. I said simply we had paid the maintenance fees for 3 years without using the timeshare. We had hoped our health would recover, but my husband's health worsened and mine will never improve so AS MUCH AS WE LOVED OUR TIME for 18 YEARS WITH ROYAL ISLANDER, WE JUST MUST TURN IT BACK OVER TO THE COMPANY SO THEY MAY SELL IT TO A COUPLE THAT LOVE IT AS MUCH AS WE DID. I waited and the gentleman was very accommodating. I am sure the Unit was resold quickly. We did not pay another penny, nor any legal fees. Just Signed the letter relinquishing all our rights, and interest in the Timeshare Unit 5204 on Week 23. By the way, We paid $5995 for the Unit initially and for 18 years Loved every week every minute of our vacations. So we got 18 years worth of happiness for $5995 plus the airfare.