Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

ask-redweek-get-rid-of-my-timeshare (by Ebbe S.):

I’ve had a 1 week / 2 bedroom time share with westgate vacation villas since 1992. Paid cash. It’s totally wrong that most of these timeshare companies don’t give there customers a “way out”, especially if the customer has been dedicated in mntc and tax payments. As customers get older, they don’t use it as much. What decent company does this? I’m from Michigan. Our real estate companies NEVER get fees up front for listing your property. Anyone asking for money up front to sell or look into other ways to “cancel” your timeshare are sheep in wolves clothing. I’m disgusted and ashamed that these large timeshare corporations are patting themselves on the back for making billions of dollars at the expense of their customers. Instead of building huge high rises with top of the line interiors, why can’t they also have a way to help their customers when in need. Maybe a subsidiary to help sell, take back, units that are no longer needed? Win, win I’m sure. Glass of wine anyone?