Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Aruba Surf Club - Lawsuit by Association against owners (by Rose T.):

We received the same letter from HBN law representing The surf club and ocean club association. We are so upset, because now I have to hire an attorney to see what is going on with Marriott!!! We own 11 units which my parents bought us, their 7 children and our familes so we can all be on vacation together, My mom has been ill for a few years and we allowed other family members use some of the villas, some we have rented to good friends, and now all of a sudden thats not allowed? If marriott rents it for us, they dont even cover your maintenance fees. I will be calling HBN tomorrow and informing them that we just received the letter on the 21st even tho its dated august 1st, and telling them our attorney will be responding shortly. Just wondering our villas are not in our names its owned by 7 of us(brothers & sisters). AFG associates. My parents did this 17 years ago when they bought them because they wanted their children to own them. Im thinking maybe thats why we received the letter? They are assuming we are running a commercial business.....