Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Aruba Surf Club - Lawsuit by Association against owners (by R J.):

I agree with the prior message. But I would like to add a point. Marriott clearly is aware (of course they are as they initially wrote the by laws which have not really changed much since inception) of the fact that the By laws have a clause that refers to commercial use (although no one seems to know what that is defined as). Yet Marriott has always given us the sales pitch that we should buy more weeks. They tell us the more weeks we own the better weeks we can get for use or for rentals. Our Association Board must be aware of both of these facts (that marriott is aware of the commercial use clause and that Marriott still pushes owners to buy multiple weeks to rent). So based on these facts why would the Board go after owners for doing what the rules and Marriott have told us we can and should do. The Board should be going after marriott, not the owners. I hope and expect when this gets into the court system the judges will clearly see the true facts and unltimatley I would expect Marriott (and possibly our Board members for their apparent lack of independence, good judgement and possible breach of fiduciary duties to all owners) to be held accountable for any losses sustained by owners due to this suit.