Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Apples vs. Oranges... (by KC):

kellyb248 wrote:
Now I'm getting nervous. We are looking to purchase two weeks at the Marriott grande vista from two separate sellers. We have been going there every year for the past 10 years and really enjoy the property. When we balance out the makntence fees vs what we would ou for our stay the maintenance fees are still lower. After reading all of this now I am reconsidering. Thoughts

I respectfully submit that you are 'getting nervous" unwisely comparing apples to oranges.

This particular thread addresses a Raintree "club membership", which is essentially worthless in the resale market and has no ownership of anything and no deed. It's basically just a "paper membership" with annual fees for usage "members" (attempt to) reserve.

On the other hand, It sounds like what YOU are considering buying may be deeded Marriott Grande Vista weeks, which you will OWN and which will always have SOME resale value (unlike the Raintree "membership" previously discussed).

I will not advise you on whether or not to purchase, but at least compare "apples to apples" as you ponder your decision. Maintenance fees in ANY system are likely to increase (as a general rule of thumb) by 4-6% per year, each and every year. Don't believe for a moment that maintenance fees will just remain the same ANYWHERE in ANY system or property.