Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

ask-redweek-timeshare-sales-presentations (by Charles V.):

All my timeshares were bought as resales, but I attended a lot of sales pitches because they helped me learn more about how timeshares work. I only attended the sales presentations that offered a worthwhile incentive. I never paid more than $1200 for a resale even for a one bedroom week 1 across from the beach in S.Fla (no one was giving away their weeks when I originally bought mine ). I only bought premium prime time weeks with reasonable maintenance fees.. Before I go to a presentation I look for resales at the Property they will be pitching. When they tell me I can have theirs for only $20,000 I ask them if they will match the $400 resale unit I found on Red Week. Suddenly I'm no longer their best friend and they tell me we're done and I can collect my gift card on the way out. I don't feel even slightly guilty of not buying, because the person who signed me up for the pitch always promised me it was just a informational update for the property, not a sales event.