Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone had dealing with ARC American Resort Collection? (by Melissa F.):

My husband and his 2 brothers all had a timeshare at Americano. A couple of years ago when we went for our annual summer vacation we got sucked into the pitch by Freedom and we signed over the deeds to our timeshares in order to become part of this club. Well that was our last visit to the Americano because it ended up getting closed for new renovations and damage from the hurricane. We also had made several contacts with Freedom only to get a different answer each time about what where we could or couldn’t stay. Ultimately we all stopped paying because we felt like it was a huge scam. They of course have placed us all into a collection status and it has impacted our credit. Keep in mind they now own our timeshares and we have nothing, not even one stay under this company. I tried to dispute the collection and that was denied. I really don’t want to be stuck paying for nothing nor do I want this on my credit report for 7 years. Does anyone have any idea of the next steps that I can take without spending money on an attorney? Thanks, #feelingfedup