Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Info from owner may be incomplete... (by Tracey S.):

The problem with contacting the resort is they won't tell you anything about someone else's contract. Sure they can tell you what they consider a platinum or red or diamond or whatever they happen to call various seasons but if the owner doesn't know what they own then they could be naming a season they don't have. Also some resorts have both floating owners and fixed week owners. Or they could be fixed but then float only during the last 60 days if still available or perhaps if you pay a fee to upgrade. It is very complicated. And as you said many owners don't know or understand what they own. Problem is I can't call the resort and say what does John Smith own because I am thinking about buying from him. You might be able to get the owner to do a conference call. You can also put in a tenative offer based on what the owner says they have (but I would ask them to confirm it with the resort if you get the impression, they don't know what they are talking about) and contract for that and then have the closing agent verify the information through the resort provided estoppel. Some resorts will send it to the owner upon request (some charge a fee, some do not) but all resorts will provide the estoppel resale information to the closing agent. If it turns out the owner doesn't own what they said or thought you are not obligated to go through with the sale because that isn't what you agreed upon.