Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Wanting to sell timeshare. (by KC):

paul974 wrote:
....my experiences and a multitude of evidence about the lack of a market for timeshare resales demand careful scrutiny of the claims.

In my own 35+ years of timeshare ownership and experience, I have observed that there is always a market for high demand weeks in desirable locations during times of year where and when demand consistently exceeds supply. For low demand weeks and / or overbuilt locations however, all bets are off.

In overbuilt places like Orlando, FL or Branson, MO, there is a glut of timeshare properties and weeks and supply always far exceeds demand. Likewise for weeks on Cape Cod in the dead of New England winter.

I don't claim to know anything about Vacation Village at Parkway, or even where it's located, nor have you identified the specific week(s) you own there. Demand ultimately rules over all else. Also, fewer and fewer people "buy to trade" anymore, since RCI has become both increasingly expensive and woefully lacking in enough truly desirable inventory into which to "exchange". "Buying to trade" has essentially now become just a futile fool's errand, at least in my personal opinion.