Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: COVID-19 Related Cancellations (by Frances M.):

Problem with suing RedWeek for illegal cancellation is collectability. RedWeek does not have our money. It's been returned to the renters. You can win a class action suit but the individuals won't see much return; especially if RedWeek goes under. I believe RedWeek now realizes it made a huge mistake. Renters should have purchased insurance for events such as this. If their insurance had refused to pay out it would have been their fight, not ours. I'm totally in your corner if anyone comes up with something. And on a separate note, I have absolutely no idea what I'll be doing with my 2 weeks worth of Star Options--or whatever the hell Vistana calls them these days. I only know that I will have lost a total of $2,300 in taxes and maintenance for 2020 and Vistana has no good solutions for its owners. They are not even willing to cancel the hefty fees required for sending the options to 2021 or for converting them to points. Everyone has their sob story 1~~~~~