Vallarta Gardens

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Vallarta Gardens (by KC):

gregp380 wrote:
KC… thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. Having said that, do I need to do this in written letter and post mark it or can I do it by email or both? I’m assuming ithat an address to send legal documents to them is in my contract somewhere. I purchased on Monday so I’m assuming Saturday is the fifth day? I am going home today which is Thursday and I can actually write the letter by email and send it by mail tomorrow.

Email message to rescind a contract is a completely useless and entirely inadequate action, legally speaking. It must be done in writing and it must bear your original signature (as well as the original signature of anyone else who signed the contract (unless your instructions state otherwise, which is highly unlikely). If you are still on site, you can (and perhaps should) even hand deliver your rescission in person to the sales office, obtaining a receipt acknowledgement. First things first. Only after submitting a valid rescission should you even bother with disputing the credit card charge. Save a copy of your signed rescission correspondence in case you need to provide it to the credit card issuer to support the validity of your disputing the charge.

You should have been provided with a "notice of rescission rights" and related instructions at the time of contract execution. However, Mexican operations are known to sometimes "forget" to mention and / or provide that particular documentation. Look through your contract materials very carefully and very thoroughly.

The rescission calendar / clock starts on the day after contract execution. If you signed on Monday, you must have your rescission correspondence postmarked (or hand delivered, if choosing that route) no later than Saturday. Friday (tomorrow) would be even better, right now would be better still. Remember that USPS offices close early on Saturdays and you want proof of postmark, which you cannot get by just tossing your letter into a mailbox. Good luck.