Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks (by Rachel O.):

chris460 wrote:
Another thing to consider with points. If you travel within 45 days out, you can rent a resort ( based on availabilty) for no more than 9,000 points. So if you have 45,000 p you could potentially travel on short notice for 5 weeks rather than your 1 fixed week at a red season resort.

One disadvantage to points through RCI is that you can only search 13 months in advance tops! Weeks can search 2 yrs out.

Also, do your homework when trying to convert your points! Not all of your resorts allow you to convert to RCI points even though they are affilliated! Celebrity Weeks Resorts for instance only allow you to convert to points through them!!!!

It should be pointed out as well that RCI only allows short term stays under the Standard Reservation system. Under the Weeks Reservation system in a points account ( which I refer to as Last Call ) you must travel for 1 week!

Hi, I read your message. My husband and I belong to a points system with RCI. We did an ongoing search for Hawaii for 2 years, and we didn't have any problem with doning a ongoing search because we were points affiliated. We switched all our weeks over to points 2 years ago and have enjoyed the flexibility. With points you may choose a weeks resort or a points resort and yes, with a weeks resort you have a weeks stay but you don't have to stay a week. You may check out early, as we have done in the past.