Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks (by Archie B.):

ken1193 wrote:
Archie 14 said, in pertinent part(s): >> I personally prefer to break up my points over multiple days (more visits over the course of a year) <<

......sure ---- and fewer full weeks are available to "weeks" owners as a direct result of exactly these sorts of multiple "broken" up short visits by points users. I'm not criticizing you, just reinforcing my own prior point that fewer whole weeks are available to weeks users with the rise of "points" use breaking up so many "whole" weeks.

Re:>>With enough points one can have it both ways ... individual days or weeks. <<

......and weeks owners will continue to be able to have it only ONE way --- with fewer and fewer whole weeks available to them.

Your points (excuse the pun) are well taken Ken. However, with everything else in life, we buy things that please or benefit US ... not the other fellow (or gal). That's why some folks buy Hondas, Fords and Chevy's and others buy Lincolns, Hummers and Cadillacs.

I've also rented from Fairfield owners for a week at a time on a few occassions, while preserving my own multiple-day owner points options (which is why I purchased my deeded timeshare from a former Fairfield owner) ... and have been very pleased with some of the deals I've gotten.