Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks (by Deborah M S.):

palmtre2 wrote:
I have a problem converting over to weeks - when I sat down at my resort to talk about it, I realized that the conversion would have left me with the inability to get back into my own resort!!! Besides not getting my monies worth in the conversion there are too many rules and hidden fees. This was Sunterra and there are exchange fees plus not every prime time unit is 5000 points - my units would go for 18000. They were only willing to give me 15000 for them and sell me another 5000 (at a discounted price of course!!!).

I just attended the Sunterra pitch at my resort, Royal Palm in St. Maarten. They offered that my Weeks 9-12 are worth 7000 points each, but I must buy 3000 points at $6000 for each week---for the lowest Club membership. (They claimed new customers would pay $31,000 for my ownership---which seems it would be worth the top membership at that cost!) Then a jump to $1000 in each maintenance fee, and I would not be guaranteed a return to my resort on my weeks, because I was giving up the leasehold. Who's to say I would find other vacations where/when I wanted? And then lots of confusing fees & rules---guess its's not for me, but I worry Sunterra won't have my interests at heart in my home resort now because I am not a Club participant....It's mind boggling, but making money for them!