Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Searching with RCI Points (by Mike N.):

ken1193 wrote:
Re: >> Ken, one question. Were you requesting an exchange, for February '09, into a Points Resort or a Weeks Resort? << =====================================

Hi Mike:

My search request was for a specific, limited geographic area, without ever identifying any particular resort at all. I wanted to keep all options open, so I never mentioned any specific resort when initiating my search request. There are probably +/- 40 RCI affiliated timeshare resorts in that particular area of coastal FL.

However, knowing many of the timeshare resorts in this defined area first hand after two decades of ownership, I don't personally know of ANY which are RCI "points" resorts (or any which are even considering converting, for that matter). I don't claim to know every single resort, but of the many which I've used and/or visited over the years, NONE were / are RCI points facilities. It would not particularly surprise me if there were NO RCI points resorts at all in this particular geographic area, but I certainly do not claim to know that for an established fact.

========== Ken, this may just confirm what you already know, but an RCI rep told me (famous last words...) that you can do a request (>10 mos) only for a weeks resort. This is regardless of whether or not you deposited a weeks resort for points. You still have x amount of points to with which to search. You're right about lack of Points Resorts in coastal FL. There are none in the Keys (only 10 total); there are a few in the Marcos Island, Sanibel Island and Ft. Meyer's areas. I believe the southeast has more of a selection. Another thing regarding Points for Deposit, if you have a lock-off unit, you can deposit your unit separately and get more points than if deposited together, though you'd be charged another fee. My unit in NH is worth 42,000 points as a two bedroom, but it is worth 50,000 points when deposited separately as a one bedroom and a hotel unit. Have Fun with whatever you do.