Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks (by Mike N.):

cali_girl_xoxo wrote:
I own both a points timeshare through II as we own a Marriott, and we also own a week through Diamond Resorts, which right now is traded through RCI. A rep came and discussed turning our "weeks" through RCI timeshare (Kaanapali Beach Club) into points with II for $3000 (ouch).

I think you mean converting your Kaanapali Beach Club from weeks to RCI Points not II

cali_girl_xoxo wrote:
I'm leaning toward wanting to trade our week to what seems to be the greater flexibility of points with II, but don't want to pay $3000 to do so.

If we already own one property with II, is it possible to convert our second one to II as well to the points system, or do we have to pay that (outrageous) fee? I'm a little confused with what's being discussed because both points and weeks are available through RCI, but apparenty II only has points?

The last I knew, II does not use a Points system. Certain resort systems such as Diamond and DVC uses points to trade within their system, and an owner can also trade with II (Diamond would deposit a week into the system on behalf of the owner). Does Marriott operate the same way for trades with II? If II went to a Points system like RCI Points, it is news to me?

If Kaanapali Beach Club has an agreement with II, then you can use II for trading (I own a resort that trades with both II and RCI). But again, I don't think II went to a Points system in it's entirety.