Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks (by Jeff R.):

I am a points type owner with Fairfield and yet I am an RCI weeks member. Points are always going to be much more flexible. For instance, although I like extended vacations, sometimes I just want to go for the weekend. I can do this with points. A misconception people have about points is that you don't have a deeded property. This is not true. With Fairfield I have what is called an undivided interest which means I share the overall property with everyone else who owns at my resort, not just a particular unit in that resort. If you own a particular unit, you share ownership with everyone who has every other week in that year for that unit only. So, an undivided interest is the same except on a broader scale. Follow me? Now to get down to how those points play out each year......... Say a one bedroom takes 100,000 each week ( 12,000 each weeknight and 20,000 each weekend night). A two bedroom takes 140,000 for the week (18,000 each weeknight and 25,000 for each weekend night). I have a choice how many points I purchase but they will only go so far in this type of system. But, if I own 280,000 points, I can get two whole weeks in a two bedroom each year. Or, I can get a one bedroom for a week, plus two 5 day excursions taking only weekdays in a one bedroom, plus have 60,000 points still left over for a weekend and another night. Now if I go during less than peak times, my points go even further because the same units go for far less points per night. Flexibility is the name of the game with points. Where it gets sweet is if you own in a large network such as Fairfield that lets you use those points at all their resorts with no exchange fee. The possibilities are endless because by time you check out most of those resorts, they will have added several more. It just keeps getting better and better!!!!!!