Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Questions for those who have been there (by Beth F.):

tronstad wrote:
I am planning a stay in the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta at the beginning of December. I am going with two friends, one of whom can not walk very well. Is there carts that will take one around the property like they have in Cancun? Or another way to get from the hotel part to the pool and restaurants?

Answer:

The Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta is not anywhere as large as the resort in the Riviera Maya outside of Cancun. When you come down the elevators in the main building, the pool is really quite close. It is definitely a much longer walk down to the beach and the restaurant there than it is to the pool. I believe that there are carts available as well. Maybe you should contact the resort directly to see how accessible they will be for your friend. The resort has a number of restaurants right in the main building off the lobby as well. Also, I believe the SPA, laundry facilities, cash station, stores and internet cafe are next door at the Mayan Palace. This again is a very short walk. Try to stay closer to the side where the Mayan is rather that the Sea Garden on the opposite side. I would really try to contact the resort so your room will be located close to the elevators, etc. It is a great place and we will be going there again this year with a number of families. I hope this answered some of your questions and concerns. Beth